The kitchen is one of the rooms in the house that we use the most. Many people dream of having a neat kitchen every day without any clutter that interferes with its functionality. However, many people think that it will take a lot of work to achieve this dream. Because we already have a lot of daily responsibilities, we try to give up extra work, so we don’t take the necessary steps to achieve our goal.
6 secrets to better tidy up the kitchen
1. If something is of no use, get rid of it
Have you ever thought about the number of cups, dishes, jars, and other kitchen items that you store and never use?
It’s time to say goodbye to them and start using your space more productively.
2. Use vertical space
Both the walls and the inside of the cabinet door can save space. You can put shelves or stands for storing items that you never seem to find room for.
3. Use storage options
From the beginning, you need to pay attention to the amount of space you have if you want to create an organized kitchen.
To do this, you can choose one of the following storage options:
- Open storage: having an open piece of furniture or shelves where you can put spices or other ingredients is a bright and practical way, especially if you have pretty glass jars for it.
- Rotating shelves: this is another great idea that will help you better tidy up the kitchen. They increase the amount of space, especially if you have small cabinets.
- Mobile trolleys: of course, you should not ignore the charming look and practicality of multifunctional trolleys. They are ideal for storing utensils and household items. If you do not use it, you can put them in the distance, for example, in the corner.
4. Use the cutlery organizers
Clutter in the kitchen is often visible if you open a drawer and see a lot of scattered cutlery. To solve this problem, you can use a stylish organizer so that all the cutlery has its place.
This little detail will really help to create harmony in your kitchen.
5. Properly organize small appliances
How you decide to use your small technique will depend on your personal preferences. For example, there are silver coffee makers, which are a great decorative element for your kitchen. And it will look even better if you also have a silver fridge and stove, for example.
However, on the other hand, if your coffee maker is not used as a decoration, you should not see it when not in use. This does not mean that you need to put it back in the box or store it elsewhere. Just make sure there is a place for it in the closet.
This way, you will always know where it is when you want to use it, but it will not take up valuable space somewhere above.
6. Use boxes for everything
As for your kitchen, the more storage options you have, the better. Of course, this means that you need to have boxes for storing things like:
- baskets for waste
- spices and herbs
- small utensils
If you don’t have enough drawers for all of these things, you should consider using other storage boxes. For example, you can use painted wooden boxes for this task.
Another option is to create your own shelves.
Thanks to this and our previous tips, you will be able to better tidy up the kitchen in a few days. This will not require large funds or complex changes. Just use your imagination to make your kitchen a more organized and comfortable place!
Picture Credit: Pexels