The choice of chairs for the kitchen is important to take very seriously. Basically, these pieces of furniture are offered in a rigid version. It is better to opt for a compact and lightweight version. Such options are most widespread.
Types of chairs:
- bar chairs. Assume small seats and the presence of high legs. Sometimes they may have a foot bar. There is a backrest or armrest. This type of furniture will help give the kitchen exclusivity;
- stool – a chair in which there is no back and armrests. The stool is lightweight and compact. It will be an excellent option for organizing additional places for guests.
When choosing chairs, it is important to consider some points:
- height of stool;
- a chair with 4 legs is the most stable;
- those who weigh more than 90 kg, it is better to opt for metal or wooden models;
- if we talk about the bar stool, it is better to choose a model with a footboard, thus, it is more convenient to maintain balance;
- a back with armrests is suitable if the chairs will be used for prolonged use.
Types of material
Chairs should be made of a material that was used in the manufacture of the dining table. Among the possible options, it is worth noting metal, wood, etc. The buyer can independently choose the upholstery material. It must be resistant to moisture, dust, wash well. The skin or its substitute is in great demand. This material will be a great addition to the metal frame.
Upholstery can be in another option: chenille or flock. These fabrics are impregnated with special products that can resist pollution and moisture.
It is possible to choose chairs made of plastic or wood in various combinations. They can have different sizes.
You can use covers for chairs. The fabric must be safe, and this must be evidence by certificates.
It is also important to consider the number of guests who will come to you. It is possible to order a chair that will be adjustable in height. If the seat is rigid, then its edges should be rounded so that the seat does not press.
To achieve the maximum level of comfort, it is worth choosing a chair with a smooth back and a soft seat. After all, it is unlikely to be comfortable to sit on a hard chair with a flat back.
The number of seats should be calculated taking into account the parameters of the dinner table. When buying, you can try a chair. If it creaks, then we can talk about his low quality. If the product is of high quality, then it can withstand a person in the weight category up to 120 kg. All parts must be connected securely; there must be no scratches or mechanical damage.
Picture Credit: Unsplash